What To Expect With ZeroStay
What to do at ZeroStay?
We suggest “Just ZeroStay.”
We suggest do not come up with an agenda on top of your mind (it’s your vacation dear) to cover many sightseeing points, doing many adventure activities compulsorily, in fact just be there and do ZeroStay. ZeroStay is a lifestyle, which has its daily routine, the activities which are indulged in Nature, so just be there and go with the flow.
ZeroStay property is based on rural tourism. The cottages are built in such a style, with wooden attic system, so that close group of friends or family can stay together, spend time with each other and spend time with natural surroundings.
- A beautiful, approximately 15-minute trek from main road, through dense forest mainly of Cedar, Rhododendron, and Oak.
- Well thought of, very well-designed cottages made up of environment friendly material. Cement and plastic is used very sparingly, where it was unavoidable to fight with tough weather conditions (keeping guests in mind). Cottages are spacious with attached Western toilet with running water. There is no hot water supply through tap, but it can be supplied through bucket as required. No hot water supply through tap, just to avoid misuse of the very precious natural resource.
- Well functioning kitchen and dining hall. Full time Cook, Caretaker, and a helper.
- Power: Property has electricity connection. No scheduled power cuts, but sometimes there are shutdowns and sometimes local failure. Cottages have enough lighting as per requirement with solar charged power backup of 2 LED bulbs in cottage and 1 bulb in washroom, and USB cell phone charging.
- Farm and orchard, in which we grow Veggies, Rajma (kidney beans), Apples, Walnuts, Pears etc.
- Nature’s abundance in the form of Farming activities, Nature Walks, Trekking, Birds N Butterfly Watching, Star Gazing.
- ZeroStay offers a well balanced accommodation between a city lifestyle and a Himalayan rural lifestyle. Why balanced and why not typical Himalayan rural lifestyle, just because in a short trip or holiday, we do not expect our guests to completely change their basic habits, but yes we want to make sure that when any guest leaves ZeroStay, he or she should leave with some realization about Nature’s possibilities and human’s dependence on Natural resources and the Connection with Cosmos.
- ZeroStay offers authentic and homemade simple food. ZeroStay suggests to experience local Garhwali food.
- Bonfire: Firewood to be used very judiciously. We, in fact, charge for it, though very nominal price, to avoid its misuse.
- ZeroStay offers an opportunity: An opportunity to realize the clear connection between Humans, Forest, and Livestock. An opportunity to realize that humans do not live on the planet, but they are the planet themselves. An opportunity to realize that if One does not realize connection with Nature, what One is losing every moment. An opportunity to realize that when One does not live through natural course, how One can end up in frustration.
- ZeroStay is Himalayan Rural Farmstay.
- ZeroStay is a farm.
- ZeroStay is an orchard.
- ZeroStay is a Garhwali culture.
- ZeroStay is Trekking.
- ZeroStay is relaxing (just not doing anything).
- ZeroStay is Meditating.
- ZeroStay is Nature’s abundance.
- ZeroStay is Bird Watching.
- ZeroStay is Star Gazing.
- ZeroStay is Indian Hospitality.
- ZeroStay is Authentic Homemade Simple Food.
- ZeroStay is outdoor activities like badminton, cricket.
- ZeroStay is not a Hotel, Resort, or Camp.
- ZeroStay is not a multicuisine restaurant.
- ZeroStay is not a Restobar.
- ZeroStay is not a Television.
- ZeroStay is not loud music/DJ.
- ZeroStay is not Pleasing Hospitality (which typical Hotels do). We believe it is an equal relationship between host and guest.
- Everyone (we wish every human deserve to experience Nature’s abundance).
- Travelers/solo travelers.
- Close group of friends (but no loud music).
- Families, with all family members interested in experiencing Nature’s abundance and Himalayan Rural lifestyle.
- Yoga/Meditation enthusiasts.
- Anyone who just wants to relax in Nature’s abundance.
- Anyone who cannot or does not want to trek even for 15 minutes, as that is minimum how we reach to property from main road. There is hardly anything that can be done for unwillingness.
- Anyone who does not have any interest in knowing and experiencing Forest, Clean Air, Clean Water, Mountains, Flora, Fauna, Wildlife, Waterfalls, Nature Walks, farming activities, Trekking, Himalayan Rural Lifestyle.
- Anyone who is just looking for a place to Drink, Dance, loud music, exploiting staff and locals.
- Anyone who wants to watch TV. We do not have TV at our property
Hospitality for ZeroStay is “Taking Care and Offering Best.” Example, when we have any of our near and dear one to visit our house, what we do in that case is Hospitality, as simple as that. We offer best of food, stay, and we spend time with them to give them best experience. We make sure that they have good time during their stay.
Important: All members of the group should be aware of ZeroStay Conceptual Living Experience. It will be a responsibility for a person making a booking to share details with other members of the visiting group. Especially for families, Husband, Wife, kids, old age parents all must be aware of location, trek, weather, Conceptual Living, and Activities of Interest.
One of our Major Concerns is Plastic. Unfortunately, plastic is all around. We understand we cannot avoid it totally, but for sure we can minimize its usage. To do that, we suggest following:
- Please do not carry bottled drinking water, in fact carry other kind of refillable bottles from your home. We will refill them for you on your departure. We have spring water (best for drinking), which is further filtered with Copper water filter.
- Try to carry as less plastic wrappers etc., as possible. Also, we will pack it on your departure, for you to dispose of them in Cities, as Cities are better equipped to deal with such Waste. In case it would not be possible for you to carry it and dispose of it, we will do that for you.
One of our Major Concerns is Plastic. Unfortunately, plastic is all around. We understand we cannot avoid it totally, but for sure we can minimize its usage. To do that, we suggest following: Please do not carry bottled drinking water, in fact carry other kind of refillable bottles from your home. We will refill them for you on your departure. We have spring water (best for drinking), which is further filtered with Copper water filter. Try to carry as less plastic wrappers etc., as possible. Also, we will pack it on your departure, for you to dispose of them in Cities, as Cities are better equipped to deal with such Waste. In case it would not be possible for you to carry it and dispose of it, we will do that for you.